Online Booking of Seats for Mass at St Augustine of Canterbury
An on-line booking system, called Ticket Tailor, has been used to manage seat bookings for Masses since Sunday 13th
September. A number of changes are now being made beginning with bookings from Sunday 1st November. The changes are
described below and should be read before booking a seat using the link
Click here to
book seats at Mass
There are three important changes effective for bookings from Sunday 1st November:
- No bookings for weekday masses (from Monday November 2nd): For a trial period, there will be no
bookings taken for Mass on Monday-Friday. You will need to give your name and contact details to the stewards at the
- Bookings for Sunday Mass to be made at latest before 12 noon on the Saturday before the Sunday you
wish to attend Mass.
- Ticket types have been created with letter 'C'. It seems that the Hearing Loop works better
from seats in the weekday chapel area, so new seat categories have been introduced to allow these seats to be
preferentially chosen. For Sunday Mass, if you need to sit in the chapel, please book a seat group marked with
'C' e.g. '2 Seat Group C'. If you do not need to sit in the chapel area, please try first to book a group
not marked 'C'; if there are no tickets of that type, then try a 'C' group. If the exact number of seats
you want is not available in either C or non-C ticket, then please ask for the next size up and so on. There are 42
"tickets" in total on Sunday, of which 20 are in the chapel area.
To make a booking
- The link to Ticket Tailor is https://www.tickettailor.com/events/saintaugustineofcanterbury
- The site will ask you to put in the name of the person attending (or one of the group), the e-mail address being that
of the person booking (as these may not always be the same).
- The site will confirm your booking, but there will be no 'tickets' issued. Stewards will have a list on the
day, as previously
- You should ask first for the number of seats you want but, if that exact number is not available, please ask for the
next larger size group e.g. if you ask for two seats and there are none available, ask for three seats, and so on.
- If you cannot access online booking, please ask a friend to help you, if possible. Please ask your friend to use your
name, rather than their own, as the booking name for your seat(s).
- If you need assistance please, for the time being, continue to call or text 07950924349 and leave your name,
telephone number, the date you want to attend Mass and the number of seats you require.
- Please book no more than two weeks in advance.
To cancel a booking
If you cannot attend the Mass you have booked, please let us know by email to the parish office (cilck here
to Email) or by text or call to 07950924349.
Additional notes when attending Mass
- You should aim to arrive at least 15 minutes before Mass so stewards have enough time to get you seated and to allow
Mass to start promptly.
- If you turn up without a booking, you will not be allowed to enter the church unless there is spare capacity.
- Please follow the stewards' instructions and sit in the seats they show you to.
- You have to wear a face covering in the church, except to receive Holy Communion or for certain other specific roles
(such as Readers whilst they read).
- Please bear in mind that doors and windows will be open to provide maximum fresh air in the church, so you may find
your seat to be draughty or cold.
- Toilets will be closed.
- Sunday Mass attendance at present is not obligatory and you can alternatively attend a virtual Mass or one of the
quieter weekday/Saturday Masses.